Re: qcad can't read/import DXF files.

On Thu, 7 Nov 2019, John D. Baker wrote:

> As far as I can see, the build process creates an intermediate shared
> library "libdxflib.so" with which the ultimate "libqcaddxf{,_debug}.so"
> are linked.
>
> This intermediate library appears to be first built in release mode, then
> in the next step deleted and rebuilt in debug mode and the debug mode
> version is what gets linked to "libqcaddxf.so" (release mode).
>
> Perhaps that's what's causing the plugin to be ignored as being release
> version built in debug mode.  (I suspect similar issues with a couple
> of other shared libraries with which "libqcaddxf.so" is linked.)

I deleted these intermediate libraries and commented out the "debug"
component of the SUBTARGET macro, deleted the ".build_done" flag file
and the resulting "libqcaddxf.so" is accepted by qcad and my DXF files
can now be loaded.

Since the Makefiles are generated during the "configure" phase, there
would probably have to be a "post-configure" SUBST group to automate
this fix.

Also, I'll see what the minimum fix necessary is--just "libdxflib.so"
or if the other libraries (libqcadentity.so, libqcadoperations.so) really
need to be done the same way.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD