Re: qcad can't read/import DXF files.

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019, John D. Baker wrote:

> I'm logging the build output (w/stderr) to a file so I can peruse the
> results later to see if there's a clue.

As far as I can see, the build process creates an intermediate shared
library "libdxflib.so" with which the ultimate "libqcaddxf{,_debug}.so"
are linked.

This intermediate library appears to be first built in release mode, then
in the next step deleted and rebuilt in debug mode and the debug mode
version is what gets linked to "libqcaddxf.so" (release mode).

Perhaps that's what's causing the plugin to be ignored as being release
version built in debug mode.  (I suspect similar issues with a couple
of other shared libraries with which "libqcaddxf.so" is linked.)

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD