Re: xfwm4 crashes on NetBSD 9.99.17 (was "Re: firefox dumping core after NetBSD upgrade")

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 02:47:43PM -0400, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
> On Sun, 2019-10-27 at 02:24 +0000, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 01:30:48AM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > > In my case its also swrast_dri, VirtualBox host. I haven't recently
> > > tried xfce4 on a real hardware with intel, I might di that later.
> >
> > I could finally reproduce a crash.
> > And it went away when I pkg_delete'd MesaLib. I wonder if our issue is
> > mixing two libGL implementations. That's a minefield.
>
> Interesting. In my case, neither of my machines have MesaLib installed
> from pkgsrc, they're just using native X in this context. (Just curious
> what your graphics chip is? Nvidia?)
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

I might have been to desperate to try and reproduce the issues and made
some unusual setups.

the scenario Chavdar Ivanov has should be reproducible with
LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1.

I don't usually use xfce, so this was with a game.

My graphics chip is an nvidia GTX 770.