Re: Solaris 11.4 x86 devel/gettext-tools error

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 12:45 PM <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> This looks like a big toolchain issue unrelated to the package, since it
> doesn't use -G, so the problem is gcc8.
> Do you have more than one 'ld', by the way?

Although this advice was given to me probably 15+ years ago (so now it
might be more a habit than a well-founded decision), I still try to
avoid the GNU linker on Solaris, and stick to the native one.
Unfortunately, some packages in pkgsrc insist on installing
devel/binutils.

--
Joern Clausen
https://www.oe-files.de/photography/