Re: Python package issues

On 25/05/2019 07:22, Sad Clouds wrote:

This is what I was suspecting, but is it really necessary to have two
versions of python installed? I mean, are they backwards compatible, and
if yes, if some package cannot work with 2.7 then would setting default
python version in mk.conf to 3.7 resolve the issue?

Sadly they aren't. The default python version is already 3.7. The reason that gtk2 depends on py27-expat is that its not been updated to be python 3 compatible. :(

This isn't something that is going to go away for a while so its up to pkgsrc to solve the problem until it does.

Mike