Re: Python package issues

On 23/05/2019 19:40, Greg Troxel wrote:
Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

Well, something is not right here. I completely removed /usr/pkg and
build directories, and started from scratch but I'm getting this error

But are you removing the work directories *every time* before you build
things?

Sometimes you can't. If you have a package chain that depends on the py27 and py37 version of the same package you can't do a make clean in between. Only fix here is for pkgsrc to do a make clean after make install for packages being installed as dependencies.

I ran into a similar issue trying to build xfce4 in a chroot. gtk2 blew up as its dependency chain included python 2.7 and python 3.7 versions of the same package.

I've still got the error log from the build in my jenkins server if you want complete output.

Mike