Re: Issues with libtool-base After Upgrading Readline in 2019Q1

> I ended up symlinking libreadline.so.8.0.0 to libreadline.so.7 and
> tried again.  It compiled and installed after that, so I was able to
> work around the issue.  My question is: what is the proper way to fix
> this?  I've been running pkg_rolling-replace to upgrade my packages
> from 2018Q4 to 2019Q1 and readline was one of the packages that was
> upgraded, so I know the issues with libreadline are coming from that.
> But I'm not sure what's actually calling libreadline in the first
> place, let alone how to make it point to the correct libreadline now
> that I have readline 8.0 installed.  I've already run make replace on
> libtool-base, automake, autoconf, cwrappers, and m4 after the readline
> upgrade and I still got this result before working around it.

I ran into the same issue with NetBSD/i386/8.0/pkg_rolling-replace and
for me believe the issue was caused by pkgsrc gawk having a dependency
on pkgsrc readline, and gawk not being rebuilt after readline was
updated from 7.0 to 8.0.  Sometime during the pkg_rolling-replace I
found gawk wouldn't run anymore:

> ldd /usr/pkg/bin/gawk*

gawk:
        -lintl.1 => /usr/lib/libintl.so.1
        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
        -lreadline.7 => not found
        -lterminfo.1 => /usr/lib/libterminfo.so.1
        -lmpfr.6 => /usr/pkg/lib/libmpfr.so.6
        -lgmp.10 => /usr/pkg/lib/libgmp.so.10
        -lgcc_s.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
        -lm.0 => /usr/lib/libm.so.0
gawk-4.2.1:
        -lintl.1 => /usr/lib/libintl.so.1
        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
        -lreadline.7 => not found
        -lterminfo.1 => /usr/lib/libterminfo.so.1
        -lmpfr.6 => /usr/pkg/lib/libmpfr.so.6
        -lgmp.10 => /usr/pkg/lib/libgmp.so.10
        -lgcc_s.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
        -lm.0 => /usr/lib/libm.so.0

gawk had a missing dependency on readline.7.  I just pkg_delete'ed gawk
and things re/built, but I think that the pkg dependencies for gawk need
investigation.