Re: gimp PLIST error when svg is disabled

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 12:07:07PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Typically, options (that result in files installed vs not) do several things
>> at once:
>>
>>   set PLIST.foo to yes, include deps, and --enable-foo
>> or
>>   don't set PLIST.foo, don't include deps, and --disable-foo
>>
>> In this case, it looks like svg was built anyway.  To debug, save the
>> build output, look at the configure command line, at what's bl3ed in,
>> and at the config logs.  It looks like a failure to really disable the
>> svg plugin.
>
> configure script does [NOT, as you updated] seem to have this option anymore:
>
>     # ./configure --help | grep svg
>     #

I would look in configure.ac or similar.

> svg option is not checked in Makefile
>
>     # grep PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS *
>     Makefile:.if !empty(PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.gtk2:Mx11)
>     Makefile:.if !empty(PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.gtk2:Mquartz)
>     buildlink3.mk:.if !empty(PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.gimp:Maalib)
>     buildlink3.mk:.if !empty(PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.gimp:Mmng)
>     buildlink3.mk:.if !empty(PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.gimp:Msvg)

typically it is in options.mk

> May be it's no more a configurable option. I noticed "pdf" was dropped
> some time recently as I was building with my long time old mk.conf.

It could be.  I would check upstream NEWS and changelog.  If it's gone,
then dropping the pkgsrc option makes sense.  But somebody (and it could
be you) has to investigate and really figure this out.