Building GHC on Linux

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask for advice regarding a pkgsrc
issue I have on Linux. Basically I'm unable to install GHC7 as I need a
bootstrap archive first. It advises me to manually place a trusted
"ghc-7.6.3-boot-x86_64-unknown-linux.tar.xz" under the distfiles path
but I'm unsuccessful in finding this specific archive.

I am able to find the bootstrap archive for other platforms as well as
a linux bootstrap archive for 7.6.2. I don't know if the current
bootstrap archive for Linux is missing as part of an oversight or if
there is a reason why it's excluded in the various ftp / mirror
sources.

For what it's worth, I also tried running "make bootstrap" itself with
a GHC from my distro (CentOS 7) as well with a GHC from nix-unstable
but both fail because of a linking error with gcc. As there are some
comments about that in bootstrap.mk, I don't know if that is expected
or not.

GHC 6 and the seperate GHC Bootstrap package are not available under
Linux. The GHC in wip can't be built without a bootstrap kit either.

Is there something I'm missing or is GHC under Linux just not supported
at all?

Thank you and best regards,

--
Pierre Beaucamp <mail%pierrebeaucamp.com@localhost>