Re: avrdude does not build

Nils Eilers <nils.eilers%gmx.de@localhost> writes:

> avrdude does not build on NetBSD 8.0/i386 -- any ideas?
> [snip]
> make[2]: don't know how to make ./libavrdude.a. Stop

I got the same error on netbsd-7/i386.

I tried putting gmake in USE_TOOLS, and then it built.  I removed the
MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no and it still built ok -- the makefile is annotated
that MAKE_JOBS causes the error you saw.

However, reading the Makefile, I can't figure out why this matters.

I then turned on debugging, and it seems that the rules for libavrdude.a
is not being triggered, and make thinks it is a source file.

Overall, it seems there is something subtly odd going on, and I just set
avrdude to require gnu make.

Please update to head and try it.