Re: Create influxdb package

On 1/13/19 10:10 PM, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> * On 2019-01-13 at 20:12 GMT, Attila Fülöp wrote:
>
>> after getting influxdb to build on SmartOS, I'm planning to create a
>> package for it.  I know that Jonathan worked on influxdb too, so i
>> figure I should ask him first.
>>
>> @jperkin: How far did you get with the package? Is it OK if I continue
>> your work?
>>
>> I also wonder where to put it, pkgsrc-joyent or pkgsrc-wip. Since it
>> should work on linux and darwin as well (not tested) I guess the wip
>> repo would be the proper place, right?
>
> My initial WIP was here:
>
>   https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/commit/dc13448b9448dc4d895b1f29fa4a08f4f4c6ab52

Sorry, I missed that, obviously looked in the wrong place. I'll have a
look later and give you feedback.

> I have some updates to this that I will try to push in the next couple
> of days.  Note that this also introduces the go-dep infrastructure
> that I'd like a final ok from others on after my latest changes.

Well, go-dep is superseded by go modules integrated into go 1.11. Looks
like many go packages are transitioning to go modules.  The next version
of influxdb (2.8) will require a go module build.  For me influxdb 1.7.2
build cleanly as a go module, so I think go modules should be preferred
over dep, giving the additional benefit of avoiding an external
dependency (but requiring at least go 1.11).

> Does influxdb have a release that includes the illumos fix yet?

Influxdb was fine, the problem was with pkg/term for which i got a patch
merged a couple of days ago. https://github.com/pkg/term/pull/41

> Once we have it working there's no reason we shouldn't push it
> straight into pkgsrc rather than joyent or wip.

Ak OK, I thought the workflow recommends to create new packages in wip
first.

Greetings,

Attila