Re: seg fault building npm

On 09/11/2018 16:55, Mike Pumford wrote:

Well I'm not sure if its the cause but I hve certainly found something that might cause trouble. The netbsd pthread manual page says:

Due to limitations in the current pthread implementation, makecontext(3)
and sigaltstack(2) should not be used in programs which link against the
pthread library (whether threads are used or not).

And buried in the openssl library code that is part of nodejs we have a call to makecontext() in async_fibre_makecontext (async_posix.c).

Its not confirmed but I know the openssl library can be compiled without async support so I'm going to see if I can persuade nodejs to do that and see if the problem goes away.

Mike