Re: pbulk with read-only pkgsrc

Just wanted to say THANKS ! I applied the patch, retried and now It works !

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:24 AM Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
* On 2018-10-13 at 11:03 BST, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> * On 2018-10-13 at 05:35 BST, Julien Savard wrote:
>
> > After some digging I came to the conclusion that pbulk.sh does not
> > use the mk-fragement when bootstraping for pbulk :
>
> Oh, this is during bootstrap.  Yes, all that the --mk-fragment
> argument does during bootstrap is append the specified file to the
> mk.conf used _after_ bootstrap.  It isn't used by the bootstrap build
> itself.
>
> That doesn't explain why it's still trying to use the pkgsrc directory
> to save them instead of the wrkdir, though.  I'll try to get some time
> to look into why this isn't working for you next week unless someone
> beats me to it.

Ah, it's because I set PKGSRC_KEEP_BIN_PKGS=no in the bootstrap
environment.

This is probably something we should set by default in the bootstrap
script.  How about something like this?

  https://gist.github.com/jperkin/c017c1c5dccc8e86fa11dd7e7a797f7e

FWIW, if you are performing bulk builds, you should consider setting
PKGSRC_KEEP_BIN_PKGS=no in your mk.conf too.  That way you won't have
your pristine built packages obliterated whenever you perform some
pkgsrc development with them.

--
Jonathan Perkin  -  Joyent, Inc.  -  www.joyent.com