Re: print/tex-xcolor missing dep tex-colortbl

On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 09:02:58AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Options are painful (because default binary packages use the default
> options), and the standard view is that they are used only when they
> solve a real issue that's otherwise difficult.  You adding another tex
> package to the list you want, and having everything ok after you install
> it,is not a big problem :-)  Plus, if you used some of
> tex-collection-*, it might be there already -- are you avoiding that?

For texlive, with each package being small in volume, I don't mind the
option not being provided. But I'd at least prefer the dep (on the same
basis that they are too small anyway).

A pkgsrc based package throwing a dependency related error at run time
does not sound nice in either case. If option is not sounding nice, a
conservative default is to add the dep rather than drop it.

I am not using collections and I think that option (to not use
collections) should remain open. Collections (if they indeed would have
installed the dep I missed) are conservative anyway in the sense I
mentioned above.

Mayuresh