Re: epoxy?

On Wednesday 27 June 2018 08:16:13 Greg Troxel wrote:
> It's messier than that.  There is some logic to prefer pkgsrc, but
> that's unlikely the issue.   The main point is that when you bl3
> something in, it decides via builtin.mk whether the native is good
> enough or not, and if not depends on pkgsrc.

It turns out that the issue was a half installed libepoxy package.  My
machine must have crashed halfway through adding the pkgsrc libepoxy.
The DB said it was installed, but none of the actual files were where
they were supposed to be.   And pkg_delete wouldn't delete the package.
I had to do a pkg_add -U (replace)  to get it update and then the packages
needing libepoxy could then continue to success.

I'm wondering if the order of doing things should be reversed ... add the
files first (or at least mark the packgage as being installed) and then
when done, then mark the packate as installed.

--Phil