Re: net-snmp-5.7.3nb10

> Although available here..
> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/7.1.1_current/All/
>
> The package and it's dependency fail to install NetBSD 7.1.1
>
> 2 packages to be installed (0B to download, 14M to install):
>
> osabi-NetBSD-7.1 net-snmp-5.7.3nb10
>
> proceed ? [Y/n] y
> downloading packages...
> installing packages...
> installing osabi-NetBSD-7.1...
> The Operating System version (7.1.1) does not match 7.1
> installing net-snmp-5.7.3nb10...
> The Operating System version (7.1.1) does not match 7.1
> pkg_install warnings: 0, errors: 3
> pkg_install error log can be found in /var/db/pkgin/pkg_install-err.log
> reading local summary...
> processing local summary...
> no such installed package net-snmp-5.7.3nb10

Yes...  This is, I beleive, a consequence of the
OSVERSION_SPECIFIC=YES setting in net-snmp's Makefile and osabi's
INSTALL script which insists on a strict match against the
running OS version.

Normally a package built on 7.0 or 7.1 will work just fine on
e.g. 7.1.1, but due to these stricter settings and checks these
particular packages do not allow for the normal compatibility
rules to apply.

If I'm not awfully mistaken, net-snmp does some "kernel memory
groveling", so depends on os-internal data structures, and I'm
not 100% certain they obey the same compatibility rules which
normal user-land programs obey.

Regards,

- Håvard