Re: show-depends-options and may be more easter eggs?

I quite like 'make show-buildlink3'.

another nice one is the realization I can see the variables in all
included makefiles, so I can make sense of what is going on in pkgsrc
infrastructure files, or buildlink3.mk files, for debugging purposes.

e.g. this digs out stuff defined/used in bsd.pkg.mk:
make show-var VARNAME=_BUILD_DEFS

Also, vanilla make already offers the equivalent of pkgsrc-specific
'make show-var VARNAME=CFLAGS' with 'make -V CFLAGS'.

You can also do things like:
env MYVAR="hello world!" make -V \${MYVAR:tu:S/HELLO/hi/}