Re: samba-4.6.8nb5

On 12/04/2018 19:36, Richard Sass wrote:
The only files I see in the nb5 kit are
man/man1/pidl.1
man/man3/Parse::Pidl::Dump.3
man/man3/Parse::Pidl::NDR.3
man/man3/Parse::Pidl::Util.3
man/man3/Parse::Pidl::Wireshark::Conformance.3
man/man3/Parse::Pidl::Wireshark::NDR.3

Any chance of getting the others included?

Actually there is a more fundamental problem. Out of the box things like smbclient will only run as root as /usr/pkg/lib/samba/private is only accessible by root and the utilities reference libraries in that directory.

I have been manually running chmod on that directory after install to make it executable for all users. Can't remember if I did it since the last package update which is why I'm not sure if its still an issue.

Just had a quick look through the package definition files and I can't see how those directory permissions get into the package.

Mike