Re: kde4 on NetBSD-current?

I've been running kde4 on NetBSD 7 (amd64) for a long time and it's been
pretty stable and I haven't been troubled by crashes. I have dbus, famd
and hal running.

You need a *lot* of open file descriptors so I currently set
kern.maxfiles to 8192 and have ulimit -n 3400 in my profile. If you
don't have sufficient then all sorts of problems arise!

A few things are a bit quirky - kmail sometimes forgets older mail
entries so you need to stop/start akonadi to fix it, but other then that
its pretty stable and works with gpg etc.

I recently compiled kde4 from a recent pkg-current on NetBSD 8 (also
amd64) and that seems to work OK with light testing. The main problem
with it is okular won't build as the latest version of poppler has
dropped the kde4 components and that is a bit of a show-stopper for me.

I haven't tried compiling  and running it under current - I'll see if I
can find time to swap hard disk on my test machine and give it a go.

Dave

Phone: 07805784357
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org
Caving: http://www.wirralcavinggroup.org.uk