Re: Target to install OR replace?

Benny Siegert wrote:

> I have not quite understood what "make update" does (the absence of
> documentation does not help either) but it seems to just delete
> dependent packages of the one you are updating. In my case, it managed
> to delete all of XFCE and Firefox while I was using it.

http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/build.html#build.helpful-targets

"update

This target causes the current package to be updated to the latest
version. The package and all depending packages first get de-installed,
then current versions of the corresponding packages get compiled and
installed."

--
caóc