Re: Running bootstrap as standard user but without --unprivileged” flag?

On 12/01/17 07:45, Sevan Janiyan wrote:

On 1 Dec 2017, at 12:14, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-degen%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

Is it possible to run the intitial bootstrap as standard user but
being able to write to /usr without being root?

In other words, I'm fine with running bootstrap as root but I'd like
to keep the pkgsrc directory with my own user's permission.
Use bootstrap with a prefix specified.
./bootstrap --prefix /home/foo

Sevan

If I'm reading the question correctly, and you really want to install in /usr, you could probably premake the directories:

mkdir /usr/pkg /usr/pkgsrc

chown yourlogin /usr/pkg /usr/pkgsrc

./bootstrap --unprivileged ...

--