Running bootstrap as standard user but without --unprivileged” flag?

Is it possible to run the intitial bootstrap as standard user but
being able to write to /usr without being root?

In other words, I'm fine with running bootstrap as root but I'd like
to keep the pkgsrc directory with my own user's permission.

Till now I can only do this by 'chown'ing the directory from root to
myself, but I wonder if there is a more elegant way of doing this. I
don't want to run pkgscr as --unpriviledged because I want my programs
to be accessed system wide.

--
73 de ottavio M6OTV