Re: Call for testing: wip/openblas

Am Tue, 26 Sep 2017 11:33:04 -0500
schrieb Jason Bacon <bacon4000%gmail.com@localhost>:

> Anyone interested please test wip/openblas on your favorite platform(s)

How is the relation of that one to wip/OpenBLAS? I patched that up for
local use here and intended to push my patches that also make use of it
in other packages:

http://src.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/extra/pkgsrc-patches/wip-OpenBLAS-enhancement.patch
http://src.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/extra/pkgsrc-patches/wip-suitesparse-openblas.patch
http://src.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/extra/pkgsrc-patches/math-R-openblas.patch
http://src.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/extra/pkgsrc-patches/math-py-numpy-openblas.patch
http://src.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/extra/pkgsrc-patches/math-octave-moredeps.patch

Did you start from scratch? I'm all for merging the efforts into
wip/openblas, as the CamelCase annoys me in a package name.

I pushed my patch to wip/OpenBLAS itself now. Maybe you can have a look
and port things over into wip/openblas? Then we can add the
dependencies of the other packages with the new name.

So far I tested my version of OpenBLAS on CentOS 7, including rather
nice performance comparison to Intel MKL with R, for example.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis