Re: Can't bootstrap pkgsrc on Solaris 10

Excerpt from Julien Savard:

> I copied /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/mk.conf.example
> to /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf. However, I still have another issue. Not sure it's
> gcc related though. When I try to compile anything I get an error :

> ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
> ERROR: Circular dependency detected
> *** Error code 255

> Stop.
> bmake[3]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest
> *** Error code 1

> Stop.
> bmake[2]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/lang/gcc2
> *** Error code 1

> Stop.
> bmake[1]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest
> *** Error code 1

> Stop.
> bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/lsof

I never used pkgsrc on any OS other than NetBSD, but I had a circular-dependency problem on cwrappers.

All packages, including pkgtools/cwrappers itself, seem to depend on cwrappers.

I finally got around this bug by setting in /etc/mk.conf

USE_CWRAPPERS = no

Then I built cwrappers, and subsequently reenabled cwrappers by deleting the line
USE_CWRAPPERS = no

This was on NetBSD-8.99.1 amd64 .

Tom