pkg-config wrapper doesn't find libarchive.pc

Hi, everyone!

I am trying to create a package for xbps (https://github.com/voidlinux/xbps)
and getting the message:

Checking for libarchive >= 2.8.0 via pkg-config ... libarchive.pc file not found, exiting.

even though I included archivers/libarchive/buildlink3.mk to the xbps' Makefile:

    DISTNAME=	xbps-0.51
    CATEGORIES=	pkgtools
    MASTER_SITES=	${MASTER_SITE_GITHUB:=voidlinux/}

    MAINTAINER=	root%zta.lk@localhost
    HOMEPAGE=	https://github.com/voidlinux/xbps/
    COMMENT=	The X Binary Package System
    LICENSE=	2-clause-bsd

    HAS_CONFIGURE=	yes
    USE_TOOLS+=	pkg-config

    .include "../../archivers/libarchive/buildlink3.mk"
    .include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"

Xbps' configure script executes the pkg-config wrapper from /var/tmp/pkgsrc-obj/wip/xbps/work/.tools/bin/pkg-config which looks for pc-files in var/tmp/pkgsrc-obj/wip/xbps/work/.buildlink/lib/pkgconfig & /var/tmp/pkgsrc-obj/wip/xbps/work/.buildlink/share/pkgconfig.

And indeed libarchive.pc is not in there.

I am not very familiar with the details of buildlink3.mk infrastructure, but as far as I understand including libarchive/buildlink3.mk should automatically
add corresponding pc-files so that pkg-config wrapper can see them.

Did anyone see this problem before?

--
Aleksej Lebedev