Re: GCC 7.1 build error

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 10:44:32AM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
> 	I have tried your patch. With these modifications, gcc7 build process
> crashes in stage1 :

This was very strange because I thought fortran would be later, and my
merely adding a file and changing order made things worse.
I suppose the order does matter because the files look like this
(from gcc/config/alpha/elf.h):

#undef  STARTFILE_SPEC
#define STARTFILE_SPEC \
  "%{!shared: %{pg|p:gcrt1.o%s;pie:Scrt1.o%s;:crt1.o%s}}\
     crti.o%s
     %{static:crtbeginT.o%s;shared|pie:crtbeginS.o%s;:crtbegin.o%s}"

This is a mess, it should really put linux specifics in a linux
file and not have everything overriden by #undef and depending on
magical order and duct tape.

Additionally we are lacking the override in netbsd's alpha specfile to
choose our own STARTFILE_SPEC.

I'll send a better patch soon for this.