[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
pkgsrc-2017Q2 packages for illumos now available
I'm pleased to announce that the pkgsrc-2017Q2 binary package sets for
illumos are now available. As always you can install them using the
SmartOS users should use the new 17.2.0 images via imgadm(1M) due to
be released shortly.
Changes since pkgsrc-2017Q1:
- Number of binary packages available:
- x86_64: 16,500+
- i386: 16,500+
- multiarch: 14,500+
- New packages introduced (not all necessarily available as binary
- Firefox 54
- GCC 7.1
- MATE 1.18
- Ruby 2.4
- Ruby on Rails 4.2
- TeX Live 2017
- Thunderbird 52.1
- Xen 4.8
- Package removals include:
- Ruby 1.8
- Ruby 2.1
- Infrastructure changes:
- Implement optional new pkgtasks and init infrastructure for
- Various enhancements and fixes for building with ccache.
- Add support to USE_LANGUAGES for newer C++ standards.
- Enhanced support for security features: SSP, FORTIFY, and RELRO.
- The official GitHub mirror of pkgsrc CVS has been migrated to
https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc, as a result the Joyent fork
at https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc has had to be reinitialised.
- Commit stats:
- 210 packages added
- 43 packages removed
- 1,780 package updates
- 4,198 commits from 74 contributors
Please report any bugs or feature requests specifically related to
this binary package set on our GitHub issues page:
Jonathan Perkin - Joyent, Inc. - www.joyent.com
Main Index |
Thread Index |