Re: Unable to build math/blas

On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 06:00:00PM +0200, Jan Danielsson wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I'm building meta-pkgs/boost and math/blas is built as a dependency,
> which causes:
>
> ===> Building for blas-3.7.0
> ( cd BLAS/SRC; /usr/bin/make )
> /pkg_comp/obj/pkgsrc/math/blas/default/.cwrapper/bin/libtool
> --mode=compile --tag=FC g95 -O -c xerbla.f
> libtool-fortran: compile:  g95 -O -c xerbla.f  -o .libs/xerbla.o
> xerbla.f:
>    xerbla:
> Error on line 76 of xerbla.f: Declaration error for len_trim: unknown
> intrinsic function
> *** Error code 1
>
>    I'm building on NetBSD/amd64 -7, using clang.  This looks like a
> fortran issue, so I'm completely lost.  :)
>
>    Also:
>
>    PKGSRC_COMPILER=ccache clang f2c
>
>    I've always had f2c there because a long time ago someone said it's
> needed to build fortran77 code, since there is no Fortran support in
> clang.  Is this still true?

From searching, len_trim is a fortran >95 function. g95 does support it.
It's hard to believe things would work so far if f2c (fortran 77 -> C
compiler) is being called, but it seems like the only reason it could
fail just for you.

netbsd's gcc has no fortran support either, pkgsrc's g95 or gfortran
is used.

nvidia published a llvm fortran compiler ~2 months ago:
https://github.com/flang-compiler/flang
but it's very early.