Re: poppler-0.54.0 Build Failure on NetBSD 6_Stable (gcc version issue?)

> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 02:48:57PM -0000, yancm%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
>> > On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 02:23:57PM -0000, yancm%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
[...]
>> [...]
>> > Add a line to Makefile
>> > GCC_REQD+=4.7
>>
>> This had no effect? Sorry, but I'm not too familiar with pkgsrc
>> hacking...
>> do I need to do something more than just add this line in Makefile in
>> poplar?
>
> I think you will need to 'make clean -C /path/to/pkgsrc/*/poppler/' for
> it to take effect

putting GCC_REQD+=4.7 in the poppler Makefile did absolutely nothing for
my build. Cleaning had no effect.

I then attempted to build gcc48 manually, it installs in /usr/pkg/gcc48
which I added to my path, but still the build script picks up only the
base gcc, not the pkgsrc one...I'm still stuck.

thanks,
gene