Re: How to become a committer to pkgsrc?

> So now I'm thinking maybe I it would make thinks easier if I were a committer? How do I qualify for that?

You have to become a NetBSD developer for that.

> Do I have to follow the release process other than by reading pkgsrc-users? And in general what is the procedure?

The procedure is the following:

1. You need a PGP key signed by two (IIRC) other developers. This may be a problem, as it requires meeting them physically.
2. One or two other devs need to agree to become your mentors.
3. You get a form to fill out, then there is some internal deliberation, then you become a developer!

Here is a document that explains it better than I can:

http://www.netbsd.org/foundation/policies/application-procedure.html

HTH!

—Benny.