Re: Problem building libnotify

Reading thru the information in PR 51266 I was left with the feeling that between the time of successful builds and unsuccessful ones there were one or two updated to GCC.  Is it possible that newer versions of GCC are emitting code used to access shared data in glib/gthread that doesn’t guarantee exclusive access that worked with previous versions of GCC?  That might explain the random nature of the problem where builds work for some sometimes but not for others.

Is there some easy way to test this?  Installing an old version of GCC, disable threading, force running with only one CPU on a system, etc?

-bob