Re: Audio output from firefox

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017, manlyphall%manlymail.net@localhost wrote:
Soon it won't matter ,if you don't want pulseaudio as a dependency, since pulseaudio will be required to build Firefox.

Nooooo!! Darn. Drat. Dangit. **stomps foot**. /me Pouts.

https://aliver.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/why-i-dislike-pulseaudio/

I know you are just the messenger, this just confirms my fears...

Seamonkey might not be a future alternative, since it may require too much reimplentation the further Firefox developes in the direction it does.

Thanks for the head's up. At least I can join a seamonkey user's list and have a snowball's chance of being heard saying "The only reason I do this is so that I don't have to run Pulseaudio."

I'm here on NetBSD specifically trying to avoid running **** like PulseAudio && systemd.

I'd run dillo, lynx, amaya, or elinks before I run Pulseaudio. Heck, I'll telnet to port 80 and do a manual "GET /" before I run Pulseaudio. Running Lennart Pottering code is not on the table for me. YMMV.

-Swift