Re: problem bootstrapping pkgsrc on FreeBSD 11

On 08/02/2017 20:57, udon%sdf-eu.org@localhost wrote:
> I never changed my default compiler but I had gcc48 installed as a
> dependency. Removing then bootstrapping worked. I guess pkgsrc
> bootstrapper defaults to gcc...

I installed gcc49 from ports and was able to reproduce the issue.
I started to look into it but there's more than one issue which needs to
be addressed. For now, I've updated the platform specific notes in
bootstrap/README.FreeBSD to state bootstrap is only supported from the
compiler in base & not from ports.
If you run cvs -q up -Pd in the bootstrap directory, you should obtain it.

Sevan