Re: Proposed package removals after 2016Q4

On 12/20, Greg Troxel wrote:
> This is a good point.  Demoting packages to wip serves the goal of
> reducing maintenance/bulk-build burden in pkgsrc proper, and makes
> them semi-available to people that care.

I'm not a big fan of demoting a package to wip; I think it goes against
the spirit of pkgsrc-wip.  Since WIP stands for "work in progress", to
me that implies packages in pkgsrc-wip are being worked on toward a
state where they can be moved to pkgsrc.  The idea of demoting a package
to wip doesn't fit that to me.  I think demoting a pkgsrc package would
be better served in another way such as demoting to another pkgsrc
related repo called pkgsrc-attic (or pkgsrc-retired, pkgsrc-legacy,
pkgsrc-unsupported, or whatever).

Regards,

Lewis