Re: firefox extension auto updates

Hi,

From: coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost, Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 13:06:06 +0000

> Hi,
>
> It turns out that firefox will auto-update for extensions daily (the one
> from pkgsrc, too).
>
> We generally disable the auto updating of programs (libreoffice, firefox
> etc all have the ability). should I look for a way to disable this
> option by default, too? it's a single config flag -
> 'extensions.update.enabled'.
>
> Is this something we want to do?

LibreOffice and Firefox update binary  for NetBSD are not provided from upstream
and automatic update is not meaningful.
However automatic update of extensions for Firefox works with upstream.
I think that automatic update should be enabled.

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3