Re: 200 packages with the greatest number of patches

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 06:51:10PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> I've prepared a list of such problematic to maintain packages.
>
> If you are still a user and you could volunteer your time, feel free to
> remove from this list software you care about by improving support for
> your platform in upstream.
>
> http://netbsd.org/~kamil/top-200-packages-with-the-greatest-number-of-patches-20160731.txt
>
> Current top-10:
> wip/chromium-new      448
> wip/chromium      333
> wip/virtualbox      211
> mail/thunderbird38      174
> security/tor-browser      171
> www/firefox38      166
> www/firefox31      165
> mail/thunderbird31      160
> mail/thunderbird24      157
> x11/xview-lib      156

That's not a very useful list. The Mozilla core has a bad record for
accepting patches and even if they do, there are lots of older versions
that needing them. xview-lib is just dead upstream, so not very useful
either. Chromium is similar yet different to Mozilla in that upstream
has expressed a clear disinterest in anything not Windows, Linux or OSX.

Joerg