Re: url2pkg not doing the right thing with github

Hello coypu!

coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost writes:
> [...]
> $ url2pkg https://github.com/diffblue/cbmc/archive/cbmc-5.4.tar.gz
> Use of uninitialized value $gh_release in string ne at
> /usr/pkg/bin/url2pkg line 367, <SITES> line 303.
> Use of uninitialized value $dist_subdir in string ne at
> /usr/pkg/bin/url2pkg line 367, <SITES> line 303.
> url2pkg> Running "make distinfo" ...
> [...]
> => Fetching cbmc-5.4.tar.gz
> Requesting https://github.com/diffblue/cbmc/archive/5.4.tar.gz
> Redirected to https://codeload.github.com/diffblue/cbmc/tar.gz/5.4
> Requesting https://codeload.github.com/diffblue/cbmc/tar.gz/5.4
> ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
> fetch: Unable to fetch expected file cbmc-5.4.tar.gz
> [...]
>
> Adding to my Makefile after url2pkg call
> GITHUB_TAG=	${DISTNAME}
>
> Made it fetch correctly.
>
> (Note it tries to fetch 5.4.tar.gz, as opposed to cbmc-5.4.tar.gz)
>
> I'm not sure what the desired fix for url2pkg is.
I've prepared a possible patch to avoid to use uninitialized variables
and unconditionally set GITHUB_TAG.

 <http://netbsd.org/~leot/pkgsrc-patches/url2pkg-github-tag-patches>

I will try to investigate further if we can just set it conditionally
only if it's different with PKGVERSION_NOREV.