Re: Chromium B.S.U. 0.9.16 released!

On Fri, 2016-07-01 at 11:45 +0300, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

> Do I understand the following correctly: there are roughly several
> sets of mutually exclusive options [...] and I basically need to
> chose one for each category?

Essentially, yes.

> Are there any shortcomings of specific variants

glpng is basically dead at this point.

sdlimage/sdl2image is needed to have a window icon.

sdlimage/sdl2image unfortunately lead to some rendering artefacts that I haven't been able to track down yet. There is a bug on sf.net.

FTGL can only display characters from one font without fallbacks.
If fontconfig is not installed when building chromium-bsu with FTGL,
then you will have to specify a hard-coded path to the desired font.

> (e.g. afaik openal has better stereo effects than sdl_mixer which
> only does simple channel volume based panning)

I'm not familiar with the difference between these libraries TBH,
so that is interesting info. From the chromium-bsu side I'm not
particularly familiar with the audio code, but it looks like openal
enables playlist support for a custom user music selection.

> is there a preferred configuration?

In Debian we use sdl2/sdl2image/glc/openal. I would recommend that.

--

bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/