Re: Conflicting requirements pkgconf vs pkg_config?

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 09:38:36AM -0000, yancm%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
>> At first I could not install pkgconf because pkg-config was installed.
>> then deinstalled pkg-config and now pkgconf is blocking pkg-config from
>> installing.
>
> Both conflict. Nothing should pull in pkg-config any longer, pkgconf
> is a complete replacement. Can you find out why something wants to
> install it?
>
> Perhaps it's just pkg_chk that wants to install it because it was
> previously installed.
>  Thomas

I'm struggling to figure this out.

I tried pkgutils/pkgdep but this seems to only work one package at a
time... I have quite a few packages installed...

Can you offer a suggestion how I find out where this dependency is coming
from?
And if there is no dependency how I reset pkg_chk?

Should I use a utility other than pkg_chk to update and if so, which one?