Re: pkgsrc broken on Darwin/OS X

I agree - all that should be necessary is to check that a binary
package is available, and, if not, to package it up. I don't think
relying on a separate package to accomplish this is useful, and it
certainly should not be a user-visible step, let alone a fully
interactive, "hold everything while i take care of this" step.

But while PKGSRC_KEEP_BIN_PKGS is still defaulting to no, I do think
something is needed.