Re: pkgsrc broken on Darwin/OS X

* On 2016-02-20 at 08:16 GMT, Markus Mayer wrote:

> After updating to the latest pkgsrc, I noticed today that pkgsrc was broken
> on my Mac running OS X 10.11. Specifically, it started refusing to install
> a package I had just build, claiming that the package was built for i386
> while the system was x86_64. I am using pkgsrc in 64 bit mode, and the
> package was built properly a 64 bit package. However, it had somehow gotten
> labeled as 32 bit package and wouldn't install. (I had built the same
> package immediately before pulling the latest pkgsrc and it installed fine
> then.)
>
> So, I started digging through the commit logs and found this change. (I am
> using the GIT mirror at git://github.com/jsonn/pkgsrc.git, hence some GIT
> style output below.)
>
> Author: jperkin <jperkin>
> Date:   Sun Jan 24 16:14:44 2016 +0000
>
>     Attempt to bring sanity to how ABI and MACHINE_ARCH are set.

> Now, it's working for me again. There might be a better or more elegant way
> of doing this, but for now this is unblocking me.

Hi Markus,

The easiest way to get past this is to run the 3 commands described in
this email (after reverting your changes to mk/):

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2016/01/25/msg022870.html

You can follow that thread for more background behind the issue and
why we can't easily handle this automatically.

Sorry for the breakage, but it's a one-time fix to get past, and
hopefully will be the last such change we'll need to make.

Cheers,