Re: Recent phonon-backend-gstreamer failing to build on current amd64

On Saturday 05 Dec 2015 11:59:31 Mark Davies wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Dec 2015 12:29:06 Dave Tyson wrote:
> > Just tried to build phonon-backend-gstreamer from a very recent pkgsrc on
> > NetBSD 7.99.2 (amd64) and it fails on a missing include file.
>
> Not recent enough.
>
> > While there is
> > a gstconfig.h for gstreamer 0.1, there doesn't appear to be one for
> > gstreamer 1.0. Not sure if this is what's causing the problem, but a fix
> > would be appreciated!
>
> I fixed this last Sunday. (There is a gstconfig.h in gstreamer 1.0 but they
> moved it to .../lib/gstreamer-1.0/include/gst/gstconfig.h)
>
> cheers
> mark

Hi Mark,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

After it failed building today I had a look in the source tree and noted your
update. I cvs updated in the phonon-backend-gstreamer directory which pulled
in a patch etc. and did a make clean install. But it still failed as per my
mail.

Do I have to update and rebuild gstreamer1 etc? (Would like to avoid this as
it takes ages to rebuild packages dependent on it) or is there a dirty hack.
I had already found the gstconfig.h file in the work directory for
gstreamer-1.0 and copied where I thought it should be - in /usr/pkg/include..
to no avail.

Dave

Phone: 07805784357
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org