Re: xentools45 fails to build on NetBSD 7 - amd64

Louis Guillaume writes:
- My mk.conf (see below) is pretty old, and maybe there's some trouble
- there, but I don't see anything obvious....

I don't see anything obvious in your mk.conf, however I do find
the conditional setting of things like CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS,
CXXFLAGS, etc rather unusual. (and I just noticed that later,
you append an empty set of additional arguments to *FLAGS.)

As I recall '?=' as a [b]make construct says set the variable
(on the left side) to the value (on the right side) if the
variable isn't already set. (confirmed by re-reading the current
[b]make manual page.)

I would suggest removing those variables that are just setting
the defaults, and changing the ones you wish to override to
explicit overrides rather than overriding if not set.

Hmm, looking at mk/compiler.mk and mk/compiler/gcc.mk, you might
want to remove your definition of ABI, at least on the amd64
(xen) platform.  It should cause a confusing set of arguments to
the compiler, especially for something like qemu which might be
trying to override the word-size.

Maybe some of the folks on pkgsrc-users can offer additional
advice.