Re: Does pkgin have "resume download" feature?

On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 07:32:02AM +0000, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> * On 2015-11-05 at 04:17 GMT, Mayuresh wrote:
>
> > Could not find whether such feature is present.
> >
> > Very handy feature to gave to save time and bandwidth in case you
> > end up breaking a transfer for whatever reason.
>
> Not for individual files, but completed files are kept in the cache
> for if you want to resume an install operation.

Yes. I used wget -c when I had to make a large download like libreoffice
and then moved the file to the cache.

Another advantage of doing this is, pkgin db doesn't get locked if you
download outside of pkgin. While libreoffice was getting downloaded I
happily installed smaller packages as needed.

Besides a proper "resume" option, a "download" option will be nice to have
which will not lock the db and will allow mere download of packages.

Mayuresh.