Re: Osabi is obsolete

On 14/10/15 18:25, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 06:22:27PM +0300, Mitt Green wrote:
There are some messages like Cpio file name length [number]
  is out of range (a lot of similar messages) and a couple Cpio file name in header is corrupted.
I copied xbase.tgz from my CD.
?
Sorry, the correct command is:
tar -C / -xzpvf xbase.tgz

(I forgot the z option)

Thank you for your fast replies, I appreciate it.

Now it works, except for a couple of moments like:
1) being unable to change cursor theme (in my Xfce it shows only default for Xorg
but I have galore);
2) kernel panic when trying to install gdk-pixbuf2-xlib;
3) lack of scrolling ability using touchpad, I can live without it though (:
4) many icons (like elementary xfce) look as gnome icons;
5) pulseaudio because of firefox and thunderbird (I don't use it in my GNU/Linux because I
dislike it as well as avahi) which is not really a problem.

Anyway, thanks everyone, I hope everything will be solved.

Have a good day,

Mitt