Re: Osabi is obsolete

On 12/10/15 19:21, Mitt wrote:
Hi,

I've recently ran into a problem, to run xinit or startx one must have some libraries and shared libraries from X11R7 (libX11.so.7 for example). Package x11-links provides these libraries but requires osabi. On amd64 there is osabi-NetBSD-7.0_RC1 which can't be installed (I use 7.0). What should I do?

Thanks and have a good day,

Mitt
Okay, I believe there must be an option to force package version because "pkg_add -f" doesn't
work in this situation (it says osabi doesn't exist if from repository
and package version error if locally)
and forcing x11-libs doesn't install anything.
Maybe I should create the package myself if nobody is interested?
Because I still can't load X.
There must be some folks who have amd64 with Xorg...
Maybe there is another way to overhaul it.

cheers