Re: A couple of questions regarding libreoffice-5.0.2.2

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015, Tobias Nygren wrote:

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 19:09:30 +0800 (PHT)
Paul Goyette <paul%vps1.whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

1. (Not specific to 5.0.2.2 - this MESSAGE has existed for some time.)

    When installing, I get a MESSAGE file that says

 	To enable Java support, please set JDK path in
 	Tools->Options->Advanced.

    But what value should I set?  And do I need any other packages to
    be installed?  Or any PKG_OPTIONS to be set?

The location to set is /usr/pkg/java/openjdk8/jre. We should mention
this in MESSAGE or perhaps even better supply a javaPathHelper package
so this setting can be autoconfigured. But this is almost certainly
unrelated to the application failing to start for you.

I managed to remove my .config/libreoffice/ directory and now the application starts successfully.

And I have now set the JDK path.

Thanks.

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |