Re: Odd compiler error

Jason Bacon <jwbacon%tds.net@localhost> writes:

> Actually, it doesn't quite exactly contain the C++ libs.  There is
> another issue, in that it's missing at least one header file
> (H5Location.h).  It hand-selects the added headers to install and I
> don't know how many were missed.

Feel free to send me a diff.   And perhaps you can file a bug upstream
that there aren't install-c++ targets to go with the --enable, or with
us if there are and pkgsrc doesn't use it...

> Adding --enable-cxx to Makefile.common was a sure way to get a
> complete installation with which to test my dependent pkg.

OK to test, but it doesn't seem worth giving up on the split.

>> Besides a C++ compiler :-)   It has the potential to break the package
>> on systems with gcc 4.1 - C++ is far pickier about compiler version range.
>>
> I see.  I was assuming that all platforms supported by pkgsrc would
> have a C++ compiler in the base, but I suppose there are exceptions.

I really don't know.   But I would be very surprised if there aren't
platforms where hdf5 builds and hdf5-c++ does not, currently.