Re: Moving pkgsrc $LOCALBASE ?

* On 2015-08-19 at 18:28 BST, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:

> Is it safe to move $LOCALBASE to a new location?

No.

> I'm using pkgsrc on Darwin with LOCALBASE=/opt but I'd like to move this
> to /opt/pkg (because reasons).  Will I have to recompile everything from
> scratch (i.e. uninstall everything, rm -rf /opt, and then re-run pkgsrc
> bootstrap and start to work my way through the packages I need), or is
> it enough to mv /opt/* to /opt/pkg ?

Once you have chosen a prefix then it is hardcoded into many many
locations.  If you later want to change the prefix then the only
option is to rebuild everything, in your case for /opt/pkg.

For what it's worth, our OSX packages[0] now use /opt/pkg as their
default prefix, so you could just re-use our bootstrap and packages.

Cheers,

[0]: https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/install-on-osx/