Moving pkgsrc $LOCALBASE ?

Hi,

Is it safe to move $LOCALBASE to a new location?

I'm using pkgsrc on Darwin with LOCALBASE=/opt but I'd like to move this
to /opt/pkg (because reasons).  Will I have to recompile everything from
scratch (i.e. uninstall everything, rm -rf /opt, and then re-run pkgsrc
bootstrap and start to work my way through the packages I need), or is
it enough to mv /opt/* to /opt/pkg ?

Sorry if this question is a bit naïve, but I couldn't find an answer on
the web.  Feel free to point me to an old thread if there is one.

Thanks,

--
:: Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri, Bioinformatics Developer, BILS,
:: Uppsala University, Sweden